Saturday, April 07, 2012

I bought myself a new car a few months ago. It was an exciting day. A new start! My previous car brought me so much bad luck, from day one, when an arrogant auto driver hit me on purpose, to the last day, thanks to a motorcyclist who was driving in the wrong direction of a one - way street and another auto driver. I figured that if I could go through the first one year without a scratch I would be okay. Alas.... that was not meant to be.
The sad part is I had nothing to do with a single scratch. Here's what happened:
SCRATCH #1: School van driver knew he was cutting it close when he tried to squeeze past my PARKED car. He could have waited for me to move the car. The school clerk could have called me and asked me to move the car. But nooooo, that would've been too easy. The jackass went past the car twice.
SCRATCH #2:A motorcyclist pulled out from his parking space without looking. I had no choice but to stop. The motorcyclist behind me has never heard of space between vehicles nor has he heard that the journey is more important than the destination. He also did not know how to use the brakes on his own vehicle either. Luckily, there was no dent on the car but it left a dent in my heart and a bit of scraped paint on the car.
SCRATCH#3: I was parked in school in my usual spot. The car was covered. Someone tried to pull something between my car and the hedge. They left me with a souvenir-a torn car cover and some more scraped paint. Again, why take the easy way out and use your brains,right?
SCRATCH #4: I went to the department store and parked in their regular parking area. You would think that the car would be safe there, after all, it is their space and they do have a parking attendant. Boy, did I learn the hard way. No, it is not safe, even if you tip the guy. It happened to the old car too and this guy pretended he couldn't see anything on the car. I should have learnt by now.
As I write this, I feel another little piece of my heart breaking. I also hate cars that have no scratches on them. Damn them! One thing I can definitely conclude is this: I AM PARKING IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home