Monday, July 20, 2009

I went for "Transformers-Revenge of.....whatever" and it was really bad. So bad, that I can't even remember the name of the movie. I went for it because I liked the first part and I'm a huge fan of the franchise. But I was disappointed by this movie. There was no storyline, no acting! Just a whole lot of noise!
What made things worse was that I forced a friend of mine, who is not an action movie fan to come for the movie. I didn't take no for an answer. Very sweetly, or maybe just to get me to shut up she said yes. As soon as the movie started I felt the pangs of guilt come upon me. I began apologising. I was ready to walk out of the movie about 20 minutes after we sat down. We did walk out towards thend. I had the entire theatre follow me out. That was fun! It was like as if they were waiting for someone to make the first move.

I don't know what I was trying to gain from making her come for the movie. A different perspective, maybe, for her? What I did gain was a shift in perspective for me. If someone doesn't want to do something it's their perogative. Their choice. It might not fit in with my plans or expectations but that is my problem not someone else's. It also made me realise that this is a bad habit I need to change.

So I have a plan; I'm working on compassion. As the Dalai Lama said, "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." Simply put, compassion is a form of kindness. Realising that other people are just as important as we think we are. It is important to respect their feelings and thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home