Friday, October 31, 2008

I have been thinking about giving up watching T.V. during the week. Its a difficult decision to make because I love watching T.V. I can give it up; I don't want to. Most shows have reruns on the weekend. There are shows like 'Friday Night Lights' that runs on Star World, Monday to Friday, which I enjoy, but they don't show reruns on the weekend. I guess, the real question is, what am I missing if I don't watch T.V.? The answer is simple- its one of my favorite forms of entertainment. Yet it is limiting. Sometimes, I choose T.V. over exercise or going out. There are times when I just want background noise-I have the T.V. on, I can hear the conversation and I read a book or I am on the computer. I just feel that I am watching too much T.V. Maybe its time to indulge in some of my other favorite pastimes like reading and doing crosswords. It definitely will increase conversation time and prevent fighting over the remote or which show to watch. As I said right at the beginning though, I'm thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home