Monday, May 23, 2005

My cousin Jacob, read my blog the other day and felt that incest was a weird topic of discussion because normal people would not think about discussing it. Honestly, in my field, it is probably one of the most normal topics to discuss. Infact, sometimes it is not the worst thing that has happened to some of the children I have worked with. But it is a taboo topic. Alot of people feel that these are things that should not be talked about. During my training as a therapist, I was taught that sometimes topics like sex, suicide and race need to be spoken about. It doesn't mean that talking about suicide will make your client think about doing it but it does let them know that they are in safe zone and they have an ally to talk to. It lays the foundation and establishes a stronger rapport with the client

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home