Tuesday, August 10, 2004

ROADTRIP
Friday........... Left at 8am
Went to West Virginnia... (And before anyone decides to tell me about the jokes of West Virginnia I have heard all of them...... from incest and rednecks to Akron being the Capital of WV)
Who did I go with? This was a solo road trip and it was worth it....
Went to Charleston....... Just keeping following 77S and you find yourself in WV....
Used to listen to a country song about the River Ohio and always thought that it never existed... that this river was a figment of the singer's imagination..... Now I know it really does exist between Ohio and WV........ you have to cross a bridge over the Ohio to get into WV.... alot more fun than entering PA where you just see a sign saying "Welcome to Pennsylvannia"
Got to listen to country music... almost every single channel had country music on it.... That didn't bother me because I love country music....
Had to choose between Shania Twain and Faith Hill.... Chose Faith Hill.... She has a lovely voice and is not as nasal as Shania......
Heard "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks...... Meaningful song... I also heard a song by Julie Roberts but I can't remember the name....:(
Went to a mall in Downtown Charleston...... Reminded me of a mall in Dallas...
Charleston on the whole reminded me of Pittsburgh.... A little bit of the old combined with the new..... Nothing like I thought it would be based on the information I had before i left... I had the preconceived notion that I was going to be seeing strange people and trailer parks everywhere.... I'm glad it wasn't like that.... IT IS A CITY!!!
I enjoyed myself thoroughly...... I was going to a new place and made new memories along the way.
The strangest thing I saw...... Cobwebs growing on the credit card slot on the gas pump in a gas station at Marietta, OH.
Went to Walmart on the way...... wasn't planned... was actually looking for a gas station and found a huge Walmart instead.... decided to make use of the opportunity to shop at a new place.
Knock on wood!!! My l'il red humbug is doing quite well for herself!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home