Monday, August 30, 2004

I think my house is jinxed. I don't like living there. I never did. The only reason I continue to do so is because it puts a roof over my head. Once in a while I think that I should have just stayed in Roo Commons. I loved that appartment. I don't remember why we moved. I think it had something to do with the rent in Roo being too high and that some of us wanted to live in a house. Maybe I shouldn't say the house is jinxed. Maybe it has a ring of truth around it and living in it made everyone's true colors come out and shine. It was like the magnificent colors of death.
I was helping Megha move yesterday and I began to miss living in an appartment. Seeing how well renovated Judson House was made me feel like moving there myself. But moving is a pain!! Roo Commons used to be like that- very well maintained and safe to live in. Suddenly all kinds of people were moving in and breaking things. Trash was left in the hallways and the management did not do much maintaining after a while.
So maybe I am better off living where I am. But it doesn't make me feel any better. There have been times in the last two years when I would just sit in my car starring at this old house, knowing that I would have to go in and dreading it.
It wasn't always like that. WHen we decided to move out of Roo we spent alot of time house hunting. We had to find the right house with a reasonable rent to fit all our budgets. This house was probably the last one that we saw. There were 5 of us- 3 girls and 2 guys. We went to the upper level first since it had three rooms but none of us liked it and were ready to say so until we went downstairs. I walked into one of the rooms and knew that I wanted to stay there because of the fireplace. SO we girls took the lower level and the boys took the upper level. Some auspicious person said that it was bad luck living in that house because of the position of one of the trees. Everyone shrugged it off with a "whatever" attitude. Maybe we should have paid attention to these signs. But then again- who knows??!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home