Tuesday, November 25, 2003

We put my dog to sleep last week. It was very difficult for me. I knew my parents were thinking about doing it for sometime but I did not know when. When I spoke to my dad on the 20th he said that they would see how he was doing for a week and then decide what they were going to do. I guess Rusty could not wait that long. He had trouble breathing that night. My father stayed up with him all night. The vet came home at 7 a.m. and gave him an injection and that was that.
I was very depressed the entire weekend. Didn't eat much. And when I did eat I could not taste what I was eating. I needed some time to myself and I got it. I guess the hardest part is that I am here and it feels like I did not say goodbye. Although in actuality I did several times.
My mother called me on Saturday night. Halfway through the conversation she started crying. She said that she finds it odd not to have Rusty there. She forgets that he died and finds herself going to my sister's room to wake him up for breakfast. :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home