Thursday, June 12, 2003

My birthday was fabulous! I made a Burmese dish called Kow Swe(pronounced cow sway).It is a dish, which in my opinion, is akin to rice and rasam. The base of the dish is noodles which are topped with a coconutty chicken or fish curry or veggie curry for the veggies. There should be plenty of gravy so that the noodles are floating in it. To bring out the flavor you then garnish it with lime, egg, onions, leeks, corriander(cilantro) and just about anything else you can think of. I think everyone enjoyed it. I was beginning to think that no one would stop eating, come 12 o' clock.:)
And then came the dreaded moment. .... MIDNIGHT!! Not because I had turned another year older but because there were a number of people like Hemant (Bhanjo) who have been threatening to make my birthday unforgettable. Apparently because I wasn't here last year. Anyway The eggs and cake were not too bad. Although i was caked in it.
And now for the Oscars........
THanks people for making my birthday awesome.....
DIsha, Shimla and Raghav....... THanks for all the help, the cake and for cleaning up. A special thank you for the Tiramisu... I knew you would remember Dasha.
Sapling ... thank you for buying the ginger, garlic and chillies and pudina.......:)
Pankaj.... Thank you filling the bartan with water for the noodles and adding a handul of frozen veggies to the exisiting pile that I was cooking.
Rohini......for smashing the first piece of cake on me..... All I could smell all night was cake.
Aanchal.... for trying to get me out of the store while you were buying my birthday present...I was wondering why you guys were taking so long.
Bhanjo..... for pouring a 2 litre bottle of ice cold Coke on me. NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!
SHalini .... who doesn't understand one photograph not one entire roll....... and unfortunately you were wearing black....but it was hilarious seeing you run down the road barfooted.
Batula..... GOLTI....wait till I see you...
Phani....I hope your leg is ok....My back is in pain thanks to the bledy egg u smashed on my back.
Rashi.....I hope you slept well.... Happy belated birthday!! THank you for coming to spend one hour with me before we went to the gym........ smoking is bad very bad..... stop trying to teach me all your vices for crying out loud!!
Salli Kuthi and Madhu......... THank you so much for spending the day with me..... I had a grand time!!
Macha........ THanks for calling at 12:30.....you would have been slaughteered in a couple of days if you hadn't!!
SHradha....... U didn't want to hug me last night..... just you wait!!!
Aki... THanks for calling one minute before 12.... you beat the rush....:)
Mota.... Bastard Bitch.... You come back and tell me you didn't have my number you will be mince meat....inspite of being veggie!
Rashi thank you for letting me test your patience....... when you're dying to smoke...and threatening to set my hair on fire.. you bledy chimney you!!! first cigarette my foot
ALL OF YOU ARE THO THWEET!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home