Monday, June 16, 2003

My birthday just got better!! I went to State College, Pennslyvannia. My friend Mahesh, who studies there, and I share the same birthday weekend. My birthday is on the 11th and his on the 13th. We had been planning this weekend for months. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men....... It kept changing literally every week. At one point, it seemed like nothing would work out. And believe me when I say by the time the weekend came the amount of time we were planning to stay there suddenly shrunk. BUT I HAD THE BEST TIME EVER!!! DIsha and I left on friday evening at about 7 p.m. We got there in time for a late dinner, which Mahesh put together especially for us. Yum!! Yum!!Chicken!!!!
Anyway the next day was awesome. Has anyone ever wanted to just get into the car and just drive without any particular destination in mind? I love doing that!! Bugs the hell out of my sister because she constantly thinks we are lost....which does tend to happen!!!:) We got into the car after lunch and just headed out on I- 80E and 2 hours later ended up in the Poconos Mountains. We took a room in Days Inn- owned by a Patel and overrun by a huge gang of Desi aunties (for that weekend anyway) And what do girls want to do when they see an outlet mall? SHOP! So we dragged poor Mahesh with us. And then we went out for dinner to a semi formal seafood shack and of course, we did the tourist thing......took lots and lots of snaps! Then to top it off we went back to the hotel to celebrate with wine. Now all those who know capacity for alcohol say "Aye!" I had one and a half glasses of wine and I was as high as kite. Mahesh had about 4 glasses and then got fed up of drinking from a glass and decided to attack the bottle directly. Suffice it to say we were flying. AWESOME!! Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and before we knew it, it was Sunday morning and we had to leave to come back to Akron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home